UGG has released its Fall/Winter 2017 campaign featuring a cast of Californian photographers, musicians, actors, artists, surfers and skaters who embody the brand’s spirit. According to UGG, the campaign celebrates people who are “provocative, progressive, free-spirited, sensual, optimistic and warm.”
Each season, UGG selects groups that represent the brand, and in telling their stories, the brand tells its own. The campaign was shot by photographer Frederic Auerbach and videographer Kauai Moliterno. Here’s the lineup of Californians in the UGG campaign:
- Kyle MacLachlan is an award-winning actor best known for his role as FBI agent Dale Cooper in David Lynch’s groundbreaking series Twin Peaks. Not one to be pigeonholed into a single role, he spends his free time perfecting the art of wine-making on the West Coast.
- Kim Gordon is the cofounder of the iconic rock band Sonic Youth whose progressive approach to music and bold attitude carved her a place in rock history. Today, she lives in LA and continues to defy convention through music, visual art and writing.
- Uzumaki Cepeda is an LA-based artist whose installations inspire an unconventional approach to art. Provocatively reworking everyday objects through sheepskin and faux fur, her work encourages people to be more open-minded and see things through different perspectives.
- Fletcher Shears is a musician who has always had his own style―disregarding gender binaries and simply choosing clothes based off of what appeals to him. As the drummer of the Orange County-based band, The Garden, Fletcher reflects his individuality in all his performances, which he self-describes as nightmarish yet oddly attractive.
- Wyatt Shears is the bass player and vocalist of the Orange County–based band The Garden. His outside-the-box creativity allows him to blend philosophy with music to reshape the sound of California punk and deliver a sonic experience that emanates his own West-Coast lifestyle.
- Zackery Michael is a photographer who possesses a free-spirited sense of adventure that has taken him and his camera from the mountains of Myanmar to the runways of New York City to the glamorous hills of Hollywood. His photos capture the unique beauty of life under the sun.
- Hanalei Reponty is a businesswoman, surfer and model who learned how to swim before she could walk. Starting her career as a professional surfer, she has since combined her knowledge of the sport with her entrepreneurial spirit to launch a successful surfwear line that celebrates the simplicity and freedom of life by the beach.
- Lola McDonnell is a fashion model with a wild heart that leads her on many sun-dappled adventures across the world. Her warmth, energy and spontaneity truly embody the California lifestyle.
- Daniel Hivner is a model born and bred in Southern California. His high-spirited optimism brings him on never-ending adventures across mountains and sunny beach-city streets.