The National Retail Federation has created a new video campaign to push viewers to lobby their congressmen against the Border Tax.
The campaign runs as individual interviews with small business owners saying they’re afraid of the tax as it will hurt their business.
Take a look at a few:
According to the NRF, here’s how the BAT would hurt consumers and retailers:
- House Republicans have proposed the Border Adjustment Tax, also known as the BAT. This would be a new, additional tax on the products we use every day.
- BAT supporters want you to believe that it will bring manufacturing jobs back to the United States by punishing American companies that import goods.
- The reality is the BAT will increase costs and kill jobs. Goods imported into the United States — gas, medicine, fruits, vegetables, clothing — will be more expensive for everyone.
- The National Retail Federation estimates price increases of at least 15 percent, costing the average family as much as $1,700 a year.
- We need tax reform — but not if it hurts middle-class families who can’t afford to pay more for essential goods.