Nordstrom, Inc. is taking a bet on its new retail concept: Nordstrom Local. The idea is to be a neighborhood hub where consumers can shop and access Nordstrom services. The rub? The space won’t actually sell clothing. Or accessories. Or any merchandise at all.
This service-focused concept store has no dedicated inventory. Instead, customers can utilize Nordstrom’s Personal Stylists, who can transfer merchandise in for customers, as well as services like Buy Online, Pick-Up In-Store (available same-day), Alterations & Tailoring, Trunk Club services, manicure appointments and more (see full list below). Customers will also be able to make returns at Nordstrom Local from Nordstrom stores, Nordstrom.com and Trunk Club. Nordstrom Local’s 3,000 sq. ft. footprint is also much smaller than the much smaller than the average 140,000 sq. ft. Nordstrom store, creating a more intimate environment.
“As the retail landscape continues to transform at an unprecedented pace, the one thing we know that remains constant is that customers continue to value great service, speed and convenience,” said Shea Jensen, Nordstrom senior vice president of customer experience who led the Nordstrom Local initiative. “We know there are more and more demands on a customer’s time and we wanted to offer our best services in a convenient location to meet their shopping needs. Finding new ways to engage with customers on their terms is more important to us now than ever.”
Nordstrom Local will have one styling suite and eight dressing rooms surrounding a central meeting space where customers can sit comfortably, enjoy a glass of wine or beer, and chat with their Personal Stylists. Customers will also find Alterations & Tailoring and Order Pickup at the entrance, and items can be hand-delivered to a customer’s car via Curbside Pickup.
Nordstrom Local’s Full Services
- Personal Stylists – Fast, fun, free – and zero pressure. A Nordstrom Personal Stylist can help customers with everything from a little fashion advice to a whole new wardrobe to finding the perfect gift at any budget. Customers can make an appointment with a stylist online, over the phone or in-person.
- Style Boards – Nordstrom Style Boards is a new salesperson tool that allows salespeople and Personal Stylists to create digital boards filled with personalized fashion recommendations, like a summer vacation or wedding, which customers can view on their phone and purchase directly through Nordstrom.com. In addition to fashion recommendations, customers can get the expert advice of a salesperson or Personal Stylist by having a conversation with them through the app.
- Nail Services – Nordstrom Local offers eight different manicure services to help customers complete the perfect look.
- Buy Online, Pick-Up In-Store – Customers can shop Nordstrom.com and pick up their purchases at Nordstrom Local on the same day, if ordered before 2pm.
- Onsite Alterations & Tailoring – Customers can get professional alterations and tailoring at Nordstrom Local. On-site tailors will assure that any garment fits perfectly, from a simple jeans hem to a meticulously tailored suit.
- Same-Day Delivery – Available for completed alterations or purchases, and delivered directly to a customer’s home on the same day, if ordered by 2pm.
- Curbside Pickup – Alterations and Buy Online, Pick-Up In-Store orders can be hand-delivered to a customer’s car via Nordstrom Local’s Curbside Pickup.
- Trunk Club & Trunk Club Custom – Another convenient location for customers to meet a Trunk Club Stylist or pick up or return a trunk. The Nordstrom team of expert tailors will help customers select the right fabrics or create a Trunk Club Custom garment that suits them perfectly from workweek to weekend.
- Nordstrom Gift Card – Nordstrom donates 1% of all Gift Card sales to nonprofits in local communities.
- Easy Returns – Customers can make returns at Nordstrom Local from Nordstrom stores, Nordstrom.com, and Trunk Club.
- On-Site Refreshments – Nordstrom Local will serve a full beverage menu including California-sourced beer and wine, cold-pressed juices from Pressed Juicery, and handcrafted espresso drinks from our Nordstrom Ebar.
This Nordstrom experience will launch in West Hollywood on October 3, the same day as the company’s Westside Pavilion store relocation to Century City. Exact address is 8401 Melrose Place, Los Angeles, CA 90069 (on the Corner of Melrose Place and Melrose).