During a bleak news week for retail (yesterday, HBC announced the sale of Lord & Taylor’s NYC flagship), Nordstrom is stepping forward as a welcome bright spot. In anticipation of a strong holiday season, the retailer is aiming to fill approximately 13,650 positions before the holidays.
Nordstrom, Inc. is hiring at its Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack stores, HauteLook and Trunk Club businesses, fulfillment and distribution centers.
“Our focus is always on our customers and we’re looking for great people to help us better serve them during one of our busiest times of the year,” says Jamie Nordstrom, president of stores. “We have many positions available and this is a great opportunity to gain experience and potentially start a career at Nordstrom.”
Specifically, the company is looking to fill approximately:
- 8,200 positions at its 122 Nordstrom stores in the U.S. and Canada
- 3,200 positions at its 227 Nordstrom Rack stores
- 2,000 positions to support the company’s stores and ecommerce business at its fulfillment centers located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Elizabethtown, Pa.; and San Bernardino, Calif.; and its distribution centers located in Portland, Ore.; Dubuque, Iowa; Ontario, Calif.; Newark, Calif.; Gainesville, Fla.; and Upper Marlboro, Md.
- 150 positions at its seven Trunk Club clubhouses
- 100 positions in the photo studio and customer care to support Nordstromrack.com and HauteLook