Join us in welcoming Ann Loynd, Accessories Magazine’s new Market Editor. Loynd, a New York–based writer and editor with an eye for a great product, is thrilled to be joining the expansive accessories industry and UBM Fashion team. “I’ve been picking up Accessories at Coterie for years and always loved reading the magazine for inspiration,” she says. “I love the fast-paced nature of the industry—there’s a new introduction every day! Plus, what girl doesn’t love accessories?”
After earning her degree in English and journalism, Loynd cut her teeth covering interior design and luxury lifestyle at regional shelter publications Cottages & Gardens and AtHome. A self-proclaimed fashionista, she entered the trade fashion industry working for Footwear Plus magazine where she interviewed brand executives, styled photo shoots and scouted the latest trends in footwear. Through the course of her career, Ann has logged countless steps at local and international trade shows, uncovered up-and-coming designers and keyed in on industry phenomena. She brings her eye for trends and nose for news to Accessories as Market Editor and resident shoe expert.
Lightning Round with Ann
- Favorite store: Buffalo Exchange. It’s a secondhand shop in NYC that’s stocked with great finds, often with tags still attached!
- Go-to accessory: A square silk scarf. I wear them so many different ways—around the neck à la French style, wrapped as a bracelet or knotted onto my purse for an added statement.
- Most memorable industry event: The opening party at the MICAM trade show in Milan, Italy. There were contortionists, men on stilts connected to women dressed as marionettes serving champagne, dancers on moving stages, a set performed by DJ Skin and lots of prosecco. Nobody celebrates like the Italians!
- Favorite fashion week moment: Attending the Nicole Miller show last fall. She’s one of my favorite designers, and I had a standing assignment. At 5’2″, it was hard to see, until a friendly photographer let me use his step stool for a better view!
- Guilty pleasure: “The Bachelor.” I’m in it for the gowns…okay, and the drama.
- Celebrity style crush: Olivia Palermo. She always looks chic but playful and knows how to accessorize in a way that never looks overdone.
You may reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org; 212-600-3306.