Airing Sundays on E! at 10pm EST, the show offers a behind-the-scenes into DVF’s glamorous empire, sparkling white offices and flagship store in New York’s Meatpacking District.
In the first episode, 10 ambitious fashionistas vie for their dream job in DVF’s search for a Global Brand Ambassador. Von Furstenberg needs help traveling the world to promote her brand and also needs a 20something ambassador to engage the Millennial generation.
“With ‘House of DVF,’ I am able to open the doors of my company and show the endless possibilities young girls can find in fashion,” says von Furstenberg.
Contestant plan a press lunch and work DVF’s Spring 2015 show at Fashion Week. Naturally, chaos ensues. DVF’s senior team of SVP of Merchandising Stefani Greenfield and Style Editor Jessica Joffe help whittle down the hopefuls.
It’s all very honest and raw, showing von Furstenberg’s signature trait of glamorous cool (apparently, she fires one of the contestants while autographing her book for her!). While reality shows are often criticized for being heavily scripted, von Furstenberg apparently does her own thing, letting go two drama queens right away.
Watch the premiere here!
The ambassador candidates are:
- Codi Critchfield, a sensitive 22-year-old fashion photographer from Utah.
- Lenore Genovese, a cheerful, 23-year-old New York native and FIT student.
- Brittany Hampton, a 23-year-old fashion stylist from San Francisco who seems wise beyond her years
- Kier Mellour, a 24-year-old fashion blogger who’s ready to take charge.
- Abigail Petit-Frere, a 22-year-old wardrobe stylist from Florida who’s confident in her ability to secure her dream job.
- Amanda Schauer, a 21-year-old student studying Fashion Design & Merchandising at Drexel University.
- Tiffani Warkenthein, a 19-year-old South Bronx native is the youngest of the group and incredibly receptive to learning anything and everything.
- Jinna Yang, a 25-year-old stylist and blogger who’s just as task oriented when it comes to working hard as she is when it comes to blowing off steam