Washington–As part of the Small Business Administration’s National Small Business Week, today through Friday, June 21, The National Retail Federation (NRF) will be supporting retail entrepreneurship through a series of digital, social and research initiatives.
Using the recently launched thisisretail.org as the backdrop, NRF will highlight retail stories and interviews with small business retail owners, as well as key government data surrounding the contribution of small retailers to America’s economy and Main Street.
“Whether online or down the street, each of us are influenced by the retail industry every single day, and we intend to tell the story of the millions of small retailers who play a critical role in the health of our national economy,” said NRF President and CEO Matthew Shay. “Small retailers create jobs and are integral to the communities they support, and, long ago, helped define the ‘American Dream.’ We are proud to support Small Business Week and are determined to ensure they are recognized for the work that they do to make this great country even greater.”
NRF will release new content each day of Small Business Week through Retail’s BIG Blog and thisisretail.org, including:
• Anecdotes and insights from NRF President and CEO Matthew Shay
• Specific government data that highlights the importance of small retail businesses in communities across the country
• An infographic telling the story of small retailers’ contribution to economy
• Brand new consumer research that features the top reasons consumers shop at small businesses
• Q & As with small retailers that also include video posts and stories
To support Small Business Week, the SBA is encouraging social media users to tweet with the hashtag #SmallBiz.