New York—Where better to honor tech-savvy individuals and companies at the 4th Annual Fashion 2.0 Awards than the School of Visual Arts?
Once called “new media,” digital media as become a way of life, and no one can dispute that digital is one of the most important Visual Arts these days, even when it’s just the art of a cleverly turned 140-character phrase.
Called the “Digital Oscars” by those in the industry, Style Coalition’s annual event was hosted this year by Robert Verdi with Simon Doonan the keynote speakers. Winners were those who best push out their brand message via digital and social media.
The winners, as voted by the public:
- Best Twitter: @DKNY (fourth year in a row)
- Best Facebook: Marc Jacobs
- Best Pinterest (new category): Anthropologie
- Best Blog by a Fashion Brand: Saks POV
- Best Website: Saks Fifth Avenue
- Best Mobile App: Gilt on the Go
- Best Online Video: DVF [Through the Glass]
- Best Fashion Startup: Of a Kind
- Top Innovator: Marc Jacobs
- Annual Fashion 2.0 Visionary Award: Rent the Runway founders Jennifer Hyman and Jenny Fleiss.