Carlstadt, NJ—What’s fashion without color?
As New York Fashion Week gets under way, Pantone has just released its overview of which designers are using which top 10 colors in their collections.
The verdict? The Pantone Fashion Color Report Spring 2013 reveals a balance between soothing neutrals and energizing brights
“The expression ‘balancing act’ is something we all relate to as we strive to find harmony in the frantic pace of our everyday lives,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute. “The same can be said for fashion as we look for balance between light and bright, classic and new. This season’s color palette emphasizes this need for balance, while at the same time allowing for individuality, self-expression and excitement.”
Top 10 Colors:
The top colors for women’s fashion for Spring 2013 are:
- PANTONE 14-0446 Tender Shoots
- PANTONE 14-6011 Grayed Jade
- PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald
- PANTONE 16-3520 African Violet
- PANTONE 17-1664 Poppy Red
- PANTONE 16-1360 Nectarine
- PANTONE 13-0756 Lemon Zest
- PANTONE 16-4120 Dusk Blue
- PANTONE 12-1008 Linen
- PANTONE 19-3964 Monaco Blue