With its new NMdaily blog Neiman Marcus has joined the ranks of retailers recognizing the power of taking consumers behind the scenes and offering them much more than items to browse and/or buy. An editorialized presence, in the form of a blog, creates a community and makes people feel “inside” and also gives them articles and video to “Like” and share, tweet and email to friends to spread the word virally.
Recent postings include:
- Front-row footage from the runways of New York, London, Milan and Paris
- An exclusive video with Marchesa eveningwear designers Keren Craig and Georgina Chapman
- A conversation with FEED co-founder and CEO Lauren Bush and Blake Mycoskie, founder of TOMS Shoes
- Backstage make-up tutorial with Le Metier de Beaute
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes photos of a Marc Jacobs’ film
- Q&A with Gucci’s Frida Giannini
- Moncler’s Grand Central Station flash mob
We particularly like the accessories link, with blog posts about the Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry exhibition in New York, and accessories highlights from Fashion Week’s best runway shows. Also fun was dress designer Kay Unger’s trip to Morocco.
NMdaily links to InSite and Neiman Marcus online and features Recommended Reading—a curated section of fashion and lifestyle news. Visitors can also view upcoming in-store events and see Neiman Marcus’ Twitter feed, and link to the most recent Facebook posts.
The Neiman Marcus Group, Inc. operations include the Specialty Retail Stores segment and the Direct Marketing segment. The Specialty Retail stores segment consists primarily of Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman stores. The Direct Marketing segment conducts both online and print catalog operations under the Neiman Marcus, Horchow and Bergdorf Goodman brand names.