New York—Who doesn’t love a fashionable picnic for a good cause?
Feeling the spirit of summer, the Accessories Council hosted a Garden Party during Market Week at the Bryant Park Grill. The Council asked designers to create one-of-a-kind picnic baskets, artfully created and filled with themed merchandise.
Accessories Council members and guests bid on the baskets during a silent auction, and proceeds from each basket went to the charity of each designer’s choice.
The one-of-a-kind picnic baskets and their respective charities were as follows:
- Echo Design: Echo Foundation
- Kate Spade: Women for Women
- Henri Bendel: Pelotonia
- Bagtrends.com; The Vasculitis Foundation
- Nine West: GVC/FFANY Shoes on Sale
- Hair Rules: Action Against Hunger
- Lilly Pulitzer: Urban Arts Partnership
- Mary Norton: Nellie’s Catwalk for Kids
- Rachel Roy: OrphanAid Africa
- Iman: Clothes off our Back
- Godiva: The Gibson Foundation