With the tagline “Attitude is the Best Accessory,” the new Lifetime series “Project Accessory” is gearing up for its debut Oct 27.
The accessories industry is no doubt on the lookout for new talent, not to mention some good TV drama and the inevitable mishap (sleep deprivation and metalsmithing with blow torches? Never a good combo).
Actress/Model Molly Sims–with some steep stilettos to fill–is the chic blond hostess, while lifestyle expert and VIVRE CEO Eva Lorenzotti will serve as mentor to the designers a la Tim Gunn.
Whether the pair will coin comparable phrases to Heidi Klum’s “Auf Wiedersehen” sendoff or Tim Gunn’s inspirational “Make it work!” is anyone’s guess, but the multi-billion dollar accessories industry is sure to reap the rewards of taking viewers into the workroom to reveal how accessories are conceptualized, designed and constructed.
Judges will include designer Kenneth Cole and InStyle editor Ariel Foxman, while guest judges will include Debra Messing, Kelly Osborne and others.
The show has selected a diverse group of 12 accessories designer, all specializing in various classifications. Challenges will include handbags, jewelry, footwear and hair accessories. The lineup:
- Cotrice (Milwaukee, WI/Atlanta,) – specializes in jewelry
- Brian Burkhardt (Manchester, NH/Miami) – specializes in jewelry
- Christina Caruso (New York) – specializes in jewelry
- Nina Cortes (Miami) – specializes in jewelry
- Shea Curry (Hattiesburg, MS/Los Angeles) – specializes in jewelry and hair accessories
- Adrian Dana (Baltimore, MD/Lithonia, GA) – specializes in church hats
- David Grieco (Watertown, NY/Los Angeles ) – specializes in belts
- Kelly Horton (Philadelphia, /Edgewater, NJ) – specializes in handbags
- Diego Rocha (Sao Paolo, Brazil/Chicago) – specializes in handbags
- Nicolina Royale (Minneapolis/Los Angeles) – specializes in leather rock ‘n’ roll accessories
- Rich Sandomeno – (Elmwood Park, NJ/Los Angeles) – specializes in jewelry
- James Sommerfeldt (Chicago) – specializes in footwear