New York—It was a star-studded, accessories bedecked crowd at the 16th Annual ACE Awards, hosted Monday evening, Nov. 5, at Cipriani 42nd Street. Each year, the Accessories Council honors designers, brands, retailers, celebrities and media who have furthered the awareness and use of accessories, and this year was no difference.
Although cocktail party chat often turned to tales of post-Hurricane Sandy power outages and Market Week reschedulings caused by merchandise shipping delays, the industry was still thrilled to come together to celebrate its peers. As a goodwill gesture in light of the hurricane, the Accessories Council donated its event gift bags to Glam 4 Good and will be making a significant donation to the American Red Cross.
- Brand Launch – Theodora & Callum
- Brand of the Year – Fossil Inc.
- Business Excellence – American Express
- Designer of the Year – Francisco Costa, Italo Zucchelli, and Ulrich Grimm for Calvin Klein Collection
- Influencer – Assouline
- Marylou Luther Journalism Award – Constance White, Essence
- Retail Innovation – Stella & Dot
- Specialty Retailer — C Wonder
- Trendsetter – Camila Alves for Muxo and INC International Concepts
- Visionary – Vince Camuto
Presenters and guests included Julianne Moore, Tika Sumpter, Katrina Bowden, Olivia Wilde, Tim Gunn, Nicole Romano, Rafe Totengco, Pamela Love, Robert Lee Morris, Alex Woo, Steve Kolb, Linda Fargo and more.
Upon entry, guests were dazzled by a sparkling tiered cake, adorned with 130 pieces of Swarovski jewelry—totaling in over 3,000 Swarovski Elements and weighing more than two pounds.
There was also a musical/dance/animation performance by BollyDoll about an Indian epic created by singer Amrita Sen and electronic musician Anthony Marinelli. Additional event sponsors included Marchon, Judith Leiber, Trebbianno, and G-III.