Paris—The LVMH Young Fashion Designer Prize has attracted widespread attention and no wonder. When the world’s largest luxurygoods conglomerate decides to take notice of emerging talent, people notice.
The LVMH Prize Committee, headed by Delphine Arnault, executive vice president at Louis Vuitton and daughter of LVMH CEO Bernard Arnault, has established a shortlist of 30 candidates from some 1,221 who entered the inaugural competition.
10 Finalists Judged in May
The list reflects the diversity of candidates, comprising young designers from around the globe, said Arnault.
“I was extremely impressed by both the number and quality of the entrants. The online application process on the prize website enabled designers from around the world to compete,” said Delphine Arnault. “As we hoped, this selection process allowed us to discover new talents, some of whom were previously little known. I’m very excited about meeting them in Paris on February 26 to 27, and I wish all of them the best of luck.”
On February 26 and 27 the shortlisted designers will meet 40 international fashion industry leaders who accepted the invitation to join the committee of experts. From the 30 shortlisted designers, the committee will select 10 finalists whose work will be judged by the jury at the end of May.
Recent graduates of fashion schools have another month to apply for the “Graduates Prize” via the website. Some 450 applications have been received to date, representing internationally renowned institutions such as Central Saint Martins College of Arts and Design, Parsons, IFM Paris, Bunka, La Cambre and Polimoda. www.lvmhprize.com
List of 30 shortlisted fashion designers:
– Anna October (Anna October, Ukraine, works in Kiev)
– Atto (Julien Dossena, France, works Paris)
– CG (Chris Gelinas, Canada, works in New York)
– Christopher Shannon (Christopher Shannon, United Kingdom, works in London)
– Craig Green (Craig Green, United States, works in London)
– Creatures of the Wind (Shane Gabier and Chris Peters, United States, work in New York)
– Gabriele Colangelo (Gabriele Colangelo, Italy, works in Milan)
– Hellen van Rees (Hellen van Rees, Netherlands, works in Hengelo)
– Honest by (Bruno Pieters, Belgium, works in Antwerp)
– Hood By Air (Shayne Olivier, United States, works in New York)
– J JS Lee (Jackie Lee, South Korea, works in London)
– Jacquemus (Simon Porte Jacquemus, France, works in Paris)
– Kye (Kathleen Kye, United States, works in Seoul)
– Lena Lumelsky (Helena Lumelsky, Israel, works in Antwerp)
– Maki Oh (Amaka Osakwe, Nigeria, works in Lagos)
– Marques’ Almeida (Marta Marques and Paolo Almeida, Portugal, work in London)
– Meadham Kirchhoff (Edward Meadham, United Kingdom, and Benjamin Kirchhoff, France, work in London)
– Minju Kim (Kim Minju, South Korea, works in Antwerp)
– Miuniku (Tina & Nikita Sutradhar, India, work in Bombay)
– Orange Culture (Adebayo Okelawal, Nigeria, works in Lagos)
– Ostwald Helgason (Suzanne Ostwald, Germany, and Ingvar Helgason, Iceland, work in London)
– Paskal (Julia Paskal, Ukraine, works in Odessa)
– Simone Rocha (Simone Rocha, Ireland, works in London)
– Stella Jean (Stella Maria Jean Novarino, Italy/Haiti, works in Milan)
– Suno (Erin Beatty and Max Osterweis, United States, work in New York)
– Thomas Tait (Thomas Tait, Canada, works in London)
– Tillmann Lauterbach (Tillmann Lauterbach, Germany, works in Paris)
– Tim Coppens (Tim Coppens, United States, works in New York)
– Vika Gazinskaya (Vika Gazinskaya, Russia, works in Moscow)
– Yang Li (Yang Li, born in China, raised in Australia, works in London and Paris)
For commercial purposes, extract supplements can be obtained from the fruit of the pericarp. Garcinia cambogia reviews is performed by a physician Chen and Oz to prove that it is an herb for weight loss, a lot of research has been done. Studies, Garcinia cambogia extract supplementation decreases the weight of the body fat accumulation, was shown to have a positive effect on prevention. We are important substances such as cholesterol (LDL), reduces the serum leptin and triglycerides. In addition, it will increase the level of serotonin and cholesterol (HDL). The study also, Garcinia cambogia extract supplements, has proven that there are no significant adverse effects on many of the eight weeks, such as its use.