On June 1, the Spain-U.S. Chamber of Commerce spotlights Spanish style with its 6th annual Spanish Soho Mile Fashion Tour—featuring a fun shopping event with prizes for visiting all participating stores. Just follow the red scarves!
From 6 pm to 10 pm, New Yorkers and tourists alike will follow the red scarves on the Spanish Soho Mile—an interactive fashion event to promote Spain style and culture. The fashion tour includes seven fashion stores and one showroom.
The event is free and international top model and renowned cover girl Almudena Fernandez is the event’s official 2011 Ambassador.
To play, guests visit a participating store and pick up a red scarf and contest flyer with a Spanish Soho Mile map. Guests must wear their red scarf (ever watch the Running of the Bulls?) before they go off and running!
In addition to shopping, participants can enjoy Spanish drinks, tapas, live music and exclusive sales at each participating retailer (Agatha Ruiz de la Prada, Camper, Custo Barcelona, Fashion from Spain Showcase, Mango, Mascaro-Pretty Ballerinas, Tierra, and Tous).
Guests then get their flyer stamped before moving to the next location.
Once they get a minum of five stamps from five different stores, participants can deposit their forms in the placed red boxes to be entered into the contest drawing.
- Coolture Spain: two photo shoots (fashion styling included)
- Custo Barcelona: two tickets for the Custo Barcelona Spring – Summer Show in the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York
- Grace Room Mate Hotel (New York City): two nights-accommodation for two guests
- Instituto Cervantes: two individual and two family memberships
- Pronovias: a glamorous cocktail Red dress
- Tierra: two sculptures from the “Reflexion” series
- Fashion Gift Certificates from: Agatha Ruiz de la Prada, Camper, Fashion from Spain Showcase, Mango, Mascaró-Pretty Ballerinas and Tous.
Visitors can find additional information at www.spainuscc.org or follow the event on the Facebook page of Spanish Soho Mile.