New York–Unlike the hesitation many luxurygoods marketers held in launching into e-commerce, many luxury brands and retailers have embraced the next wave in technology, mobile commerce and phone applications.
Luxury Daily, which tracks luxury marketing in mobile commerce, today announced its picks for the top 10 luxury branded applications for 2010.
“Whether these applications served as glorified product catalogs for larger purchases like cars or another form of commerce for retail brands, these applications were beautiful, functional and helped improve a brand’s marketing strategy,” Luxury Daily said.
The top 10 luxuries branded applications—in no particular order—are:
1. Gilt On-the-Go—The Gilt Groupe’s iPhone app features daily designer sales with real-time alerts. Shoppers can also purchase through their hand helds.
2. Mulberry—The commerce-enabled iPhone/iPad app allows fans of the British handbag and fashion brand to shop for apparel and accessories by tapping on an item to get more information, color selection and shopping cart and includes a GPS-based store locator.
3. Tod’s My Life is in this Bag—Tod’s iPad app features profiles the lives of six women who use Tod’s bags, which personalize the brand to its fans. The user can browse Tod’s bag collections and accessories and find retailers for nearby realtors.
4. Hublot—Fans of this Swiss fine watch brand can download this iPhone app that allows for 360-degree view of watch models. By using their phone cameras to take a picture of their wrist, users can see what a model would look like on their own wrists. The app not only search for the perfect model, but also enables the user to pick and choose different parts of the watch to build their own.
5. Mandarin Oriental—Affluent travelers can book stays at the hotel chain from the convenience of their iPhones. Visitors can explore each hotel, book reservations and learn about all of the amenities including spas, restaurants and activities.
6. Net-A-Porter Magazine–Net-A-Porter’s iPad version features weekly updates with new editorial content, retail and videos. New content is added to entice consumers and allows them to share all content via social media networks and email.
7. Neiman Marcus Editions—“Easily one of the most functional applications, NM Editions features all Neiman Marcus catalogs and holiday editions, which the user can directly shop from with just a tap, and also has access to NeimanMarcus.com.” The easy-to-navigate iPad app features large, colorful images that provide an intricate look at merchandise.
8. Gucci–The luxury brand’s application is a “must-have for the Italian fashion house’s fans. There are behind-the-scene videos with Gucci’s Creative Director, images from runway shows and social media functionality.” The Little Black Book feature is a city-guide to 33 international destinations and a child-friendly section with coloring and virtual dress-up. The iPhone/iPad app also a music section with seasonally updated playlists and songs.
9. BMW Magazine—This iPad app is constantly updated to keep users up-to-date with the latest brand news and models and shows relevant articles from around the world. Includes interactive games, extensive video clips and stories and keeps it functional with service options and dealership locators.
10. David Yurman Timepieces–The iPhone app “shows enough product detail and life-sized features that consumers will be tempted to order from their phones which the application actually enables them do to. Just a tap connects the user with a David Yurman personal shopper, DavidYurman.com or a David Yurman boutique locator.” Each timepiece syncs the time and date with each iPhone and allows the users to watch videos, browse models and email friends and family content.
For commercial purposes, extract supplements can be obtained from the fruit of the pericarp. Garcinia cambogia reviews is performed by a physician Chen and Oz to prove that it is an herb for weight loss, a lot of research has been done. Studies, Garcinia cambogia extract supplementation decreases the weight of the body fat accumulation, was shown to have a positive effect on prevention. We are important substances such as cholesterol (LDL), reduces the serum leptin and triglycerides. In addition, it will increase the level of serotonin and cholesterol (HDL). The study also, Garcinia cambogia extract supplements, has proven that there are no significant adverse effects on many of the eight weeks, such as its use.